information for visitors
Bonnyton Golf Club welcomes visitors and we can tailor golf and catering packages to suit the requirements of your outing. Bonnyton is a private Members' Club and the availability of tee times is limited.
Please take the time to read the information below to ensure that your preferred teetime is reserved and your visit runs without any hitches.
All visitors should be able to play to a reasonable
standard without holding up play. The maximum handicap for visitors
is 24 and Handicap Certificates may be required. Each golfer must
have their own equipment and proper golf footwear must be worn to
ensure player safety. All players must know and follow the normal
etiquette of golf and visitors are required to respect the excellent
work of Bonnyton's Greens Staff by repairing pitch marks, replacing
divots and raking bunkers.
Booking a Teetime
Our online booking service allows you to book a tee time at Bonnyton and get instant on-screen and email confirmation of your booking.
Although the Club has standard green fee rates for weekdays and weekends, we offer significant savings for certain times of the day, particularly if you are prepared to avoid the busiest times. The price quoted is the price you pay and includes third party liability insurance.
Please see right for abbreviated Terms & Conditions relating to the use of our online teetime booking service (full Ts & Cs can be found on the Booking page).
Please click here to go to the online booking service
Visitors' Insurance Scheme
Third Party insurance cover is included in the normal green fee for the day of play.
If a visitor is being introduced by a Member using his/her 'free green fee' the visitor will still require to take out insurance.
No visitor will be permitted to play on the course without an insurance certificate which can be purchased from the Professional's shop or from the bar.
The certificate is valid for the day of issue only.
Insurance is included in the price of tee bookings made via our online system
Dress Code For All Players and Guests
Bonnyton Golf Club expects visitors to respect
the same dress code as members and the following will be considered
the minimum standard permitted:
- The wearing of non-tailored shorts, tee-shirts and training shoes is not permitted on the Course or in the Clubhouse at any time. Tailored shorts are permitted on the Course and shirts must be tucked in at the waist and have full or half sleeves.
- Ladies are required to dress to an equivalent standard to that described for gentlemen on the Course and in various areas of the Clubhouse.
- Blue denims and jeans are only permitted if they are not frayed or torn and only if attending the Clubhouse to use the social facilities. They are strictly forbidden on the Course
- Shirts must have collars. Polo-neck sweaters may be worn without a shirt. All other sweaters should be worn with a collared shirt below.
- Anoraks, golf jackets, coats and hats should not be worn in the lounges. Golf shoes and hats may not be worn in the Clubhouse beyond the link corridor. No metal spikes to be worn in the building other than the locker room
- Guests should not change in the car parks. Dress on the Course is required to be of the same standard as that in the Clubhouse
The use of mobile phones is restricted as follows:
- Making and receiving calls in the ladies/gents locker rooms
- Make calls from the car park
In all other areas of the Clubhouse phones may be left on silent but calls may only be taken in the areas described above. Phones may be left on silent with the agreement of fellow players.
Visits by groups of more than 4 players are classed
as Outings and must be booked via the following procedure:
Contact the Office to check the availability of tee-times.
Confirm the booking within 14 days with a non-returnable deposit
of £10 per player. The balance of fees must be received at least
28 days before the date of play. Non-payment of deposits and/or balance
may result in cancellation of the booking. Accounts may be paid by
cash, cheque or credit card - cheques should be made payable to "Bonnyton
Final numbers must be indicated at least 48 hours in advance of
the outing otherwise the balance of green fees will not be returned.
Green Fees for Outings
One round of golf £37.00
Two rounds of golf £47.00
Green fees quoted are per person and are inclusive of compulsory Third Party Insurance cover, valid for the day of issue only.
Tee Booking Terms & Conditions
To book a tee time on-line you will have to enter your credit or debit card details - we will not process the payment until you turn up to play.
You can cancel your booking on the web site by entering your unique ref. number. If you cancel your booking before your date of play, there will be a charge of 50% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card. If you fail to cancel your booking, there will be a charge of 100% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card.
If you are unable to play your round of golf due to the course being closed (e.g. bad weather), no charge will be made to your credit/debit card.
The Booking is completely transferable and you can offer the tee time to someone else such as a family member or friend.
This facility is only available to golfers who have a handicap of 28 or less (men) or 36 or less (ladies). If you don't have a handicap, you must be able to play to an equivalent standard.