information for visitors
Bonnyton Golf Club welcomes visitors and we can tailor golf and catering packages to suit the requirements of your outing. Bonnyton is a private Members' Club and the availability of tee times is limited.
Please take the time to read the information below to ensure that your preferred teetime is reserved and your visit runs without any hitches.
All visitors should be able to play to a reasonable
standard without holding up play. The maximum handicap for visitors
is 24 and Handicap Certificates may be required. Each golfer must
have their own equipment and proper golf footwear must be worn to
ensure player safety. All players must know and follow the normal
etiquette of golf and visitors are required to respect the excellent
work of Bonnyton's Greens Staff by repairing pitch marks, replacing
divots and raking bunkers.
Booking a Teetime
Our online booking service allows you to book a tee time at Bonnyton and get instant on-screen and email confirmation of your booking.
Although the Club has standard green fee rates for weekdays and weekends, we offer significant savings for certain times of the day, particularly if you are prepared to avoid the busiest times. The price quoted is the price you pay and includes third party liability insurance.
Please see right for abbreviated Terms & Conditions relating to the use of our online teetime booking service (full Ts & Cs can be found on the Booking page).
Please click here to go to the online booking service
Visitors' Insurance Scheme
Third Party insurance cover is included in the normal green fee for the day of play.
If a visitor is being introduced by a Member using his/her 'free green fee' the visitor will still require to take out insurance.
No visitor will be permitted to play on the course without an insurance certificate which can be purchased from the Professional's shop or from the bar.
The certificate is valid for the day of issue only.
Insurance is included in the price of tee bookings made via our online system
Dress Code For All Players and Guests
Bonnyton Golf Club expects visitors to respect
the same dress code as members and the following will be considered
the minimum standard permitted:
- The wearing of blue denims, tee-shirts, non-golf sportswear and training shoes is not permitted on the Course at any time.
- Anoraks, golf jackets, coats and hats should not be worn in the Club Lounge, dining room or bar areas. Golf shoes may not be worn in the Club Lounge, dining room, bar areas or within the shower room.
- It is not permitted to change shoes or other apparel in the car parks.
- Any articles of clothing not being worn should not be draped on or over chairs - lockers are available, including day lockers for visitors.
- Members and guests attending the Clubhouse and not playing golf should be respectful of the dress code of playing members and as a minimum requirement should not wear non-golf sports wear, sports training shoes or ripped or frayed trousers.
- All users of Club facilities are expected to co-operate in maintaining Clubhouse standards and Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests conform to all dress, etiquette and discipline requirements of the Club.
- Board Members and Officers of the Club have the authority to require visitors to change unsuitable clothing or leave the Course or Clubhouse.
The use of mobile phones is restricted as follows:
- Making and receiving calls in the ladies/gents locker rooms
- Make calls from the car park
In all other areas of the Clubhouse or Course mobile phones are required to be turned off.
Visits by groups of more than 4 players are classed
as Outings and must be booked via the following procedure:
Contact the Office to check the availability of tee-times.
Confirm the booking within 14 days with a non-returnable deposit
of £10 per player. The balance of fees must be received at least
28 days before the date of play. Non-payment of deposits and/or balance
may result in cancellation of the booking. Accounts may be paid by
cash, cheque or credit card - cheques should be made payable to "Bonnyton
Final numbers must be indicated at least 48 hours in advance of
the outing otherwise the balance of green fees will not be returned.
Green Fees for Outings
One round of golf £37.00
Two rounds of golf £47.00
Green fees quoted are per person and are inclusive of compulsory Third Party Insurance cover, valid for the day of issue only.
Tee Booking Terms & Conditions
To book a tee time on-line you will have to enter your credit or debit card details - we will not process the payment until you turn up to play.
You can cancel your booking on the web site by entering your unique ref. number. If you cancel your booking before your date of play, there will be a charge of 50% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card. If you fail to cancel your booking, there will be a charge of 100% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card.
If you are unable to play your round of golf due to the course being closed (e.g. bad weather), no charge will be made to your credit/debit card.
The Booking is completely transferable and you can offer the tee time to someone else such as a family member or friend.
This facility is only available to golfers who have a handicap of 28 or less (men) or 36 or less (ladies). If you don't have a handicap, you must be able to play to an equivalent standard.