The normal Local Rules of Bonnyton Golf Club are set out below. From time
to time, Special Local Rules and Winter Rules may be published and details
of these can be found on the right of this page and on Club notice boards.
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27-1)
- Beyond any wall, fence or white stakes bounding the Course
- Beyond the stakes bounding the Clubhouse and car parks
- Beyond the stakes to the left of the 6th. hole
- Beyond the stakes to the left of the 16th. hole
NOTE: Where there is a fence behind a wall, the wall is the boundary.
2. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
- Water hazards which are marked with yellow stakes are ordinary water hazards
- Water hazards which are unmarked or marked with red stakes are lateral water hazards
3. GROUND UNDER REPAIR
- Drainage ditches filled with stones
- Outcrops of rocks on closely-mown areas
- A ball lying on an area marked by closed white lines or blue posts
If any such area interferes with a player's stance or the area of his/her
intended swing, the ball may be lifted without penalty and dropped in
accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b(1). The ball may
be cleaned when so lifted.
4. WRONG GREENS (Rule 25-3)
For the purpose of this rule, the apron of the 17th. green is part of
5. YOUNG TREES
Protection of young trees which are identified by stakes, white tags
or individual wire mesh: if such a tree interferes with a player's stance
or the area of their intended swing, the ball must
lifted in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b(1). The
ball may be cleaned when so lifted.
6. DROPPING ZONES
When relief is taken to a Dropping Zone it must be taken to the nearest
Dropping Zone. This applies to holes 1 and 17. If a ball is lying on the
apron of a green it should be moved off the apron and onto the fairway
7. STONES IN BUNKERS
Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions - Rule 24-1 applies.
8. FIXED SPRINKLER HEADS
All fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from
interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition, if
such an obstruction on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green of
the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball
and the hole, the player may obtain relief without penalty as follows:
if the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and within
2 club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned
and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which (a) is not
nearer the hole, (b) avoids such intervention and (c) is not a hazard
or on a putting green.
no relief from seeded divots
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES 4, 5 & 8
Match Play - loss of hole
Stroke Play - 2 strokes